Monday, January 13, 2014

Where do I write?

The picture to the right is the computer lab in my house.

When I started writing my book I thought that I would be doing most of my writing in there.

Nope.

The distraction factor was far too high. Too many music mp3s, movies, TV, web sites and lava lamps.

It turns out the place I wrote most of my book was in my living room, sitting in a comfy recliner, a laptop literally on my lap competing for space with my cat. Soft music playing as background. No email, no Facebook, no cell phone.

Based on the number of backups (I run one at the end of every session) I spent about 211 days writing in 2013 in total to finish this book. About 2 hours a session, resulting in 192,000 words. Average of 909 words a session.

--Editing and revision stats would be more difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment