Tuesday, May 31, 2016

To Paper or not to Paper

I participate in several forums for Indie authors.

One of these forums is on Goodreads and was debating the need for paper editions of their novels. One side of the debate cites low sales number, as opposed to Kindle or Audible.

While the sales numbers may be true for some authors, there are still several good reasons to do a paper edition of your work.
  • No cost up front for Print on Demand
  • Small time investment required
  • Book signing oppertunities
  • Increase credibility as an author
  • Tangible evidence of your work
  • No batteries required
--There is no down side to setting up a print edition. Besides, it will impress your mom.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on this one . . . plus there are some people who love to be able to hold a book . . . get that new book smell . . . I actually miss that myself . . . I am looking forward to a day in the future where I can sit down with a good book and a drink and not spend my entire time in front of a computer/phone/tablet

    ReplyDelete