Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday Tips: What Writing Isn't

I believe that writing is many things. It's fun, it's creative, it can be social, and goes great with coffee.

After I finished my first novel and started to get in the greased grooves, I was surprised at how many things writing is NOT.
  • IT IS... 
  • Not winning the Lotto
  • Not about Inspiration
  • Not due to Luck
  • Not Magic
  • Not a single magnum opus
  • Not about the Idea
  • Not waiting for the Muse

It's work, it's discipline, it's skill, it's practice. It's hard work. It's FUN!

I am not saying that inspiration is not going to happen. I'm not saying you wouldn't enjoy luck or have a great idea. What I am saying is, the odds are way better for all those things if you are working hard at the time.

--And if you have a Cat he will do what he can to stop you!

No comments:

Post a Comment